Letters & Sciences Green Office
Letters and Sciences understands that true sustainability happens when it is embedded into our core operation. The Green Office Program engages staff, faculty and students in a dynamic initiative that promotes best environmental practices at the University of Maryland. The program seeks to motivate environmentally friendly behaviors by providing definitive guidelines and reducing confusion about best practices.
The program operates through a network of representatives (GO Reps) in schools, centers and administrative units.
The goals of the program are to:
- Engage the campus in activities that will strengthen the University’s position as a national leader in sustainability
- Recognize and reward leadership in sustainability
- Educate participants about how and why to take action
- Support the University’s Climate Action Plan and Strategic Plan
- Further integrate sustainability into campus culture
- Conserve water, save energy, minimize waste and save money
- Promote campus policies that support sustainability