The Office of Letters and Sciences (LTSC) promotes a comprehensive advising environment that is designed to empower students to make decisions about their educational path, by engaging them in academic planning and exploration activities that affirm their choice of major and career.
Through high quality academic advising, support programs and electronic resources, LTSC strives to build a culture of student involvement in co-curricular opportunities for personal growth with an emphasis on education abroad and career readiness.
The Career Readiness Committee was created to examine how LTSC currently integrates career readiness into all aspects of advising and to make recommendations for improvements. The Committee will focus on two specific categories; Career Exploration & Discovery, and Career Development. Within these categories the Committee with focus on resources that can be seamlessly integrated in to student appointments, UNIV curricula, programing & events, guest speakers, and overall service delivery.
- Improve students’ awareness of their personal and academic interests as they relate to potential careers.
- Educate students on tools and resources available to explore various careers of interest as they relate to majors, and to research potential job, internship and research opportunities.
- Encourage students to practice and refine skills needed for interviewing and networking.
- Teach students how to successfully create a resume and cover letter.
- Help students learn how to connect with professionals and alumni related to an academic or professional area of interest.