Business Exploration Series Coordinator
Letters and Sciences academic advisors guide students toward making a smooth transition into majors. During their freshman year, all students must generate a Four Semester Plan outlining the courses and requirements needed to be complete during their first two years at the University. To create their Four Semester Plan, students utilize sample four year plans, LEP sheets, and other campus resources to determine requirements needed for various majors.
The Robert H. Smith School of Business admissions process is competitive. All students pursing admission to the Smith School are required to:
- Identify a parallel major outside of the business school
- Begin taking requirements for that parallel major
Through BES exploratory seminars and discussions with their academic advisor, students have the opportunity to learn more about possible parallel majors and career paths. Academic advisors work with students to show them how other majors’ requirements easily fit into their Four Semester Plan along with the BMGT gateway and General Education (Gen Ed/CORE) requirements.
Tips for Success When Applying to BMGT:
Transcript of Application Video
- BMGT Limited Enrollment Program Sheet
- BES Business Majors Guide
- BES Parallel Majors Guide
- Career Resources
- Sample Four Semester Plan – General Education (starting at MATH113)
- Sample Four Semester Plan – General Education (starting at MATH220)
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require an up to date version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.