1. New students are sent an email by the third or fourth week of the semester with the name of their assigned academic advisor. Returning students continue to work with their advisor from the previous semester.
- Once students know their assigned advisor they should schedule their first appointment within the first month of classes. Current LTSC students can schedule an appointment online here.
2. The first advising appointment should occur within the 1st month of the semester (Fall: mid-September through early-October / Spring: mid-February through early-March).
3. The following topics are covered during the first advising appointment:
- Academic Major Options
- Campus Resources
- Four Semester Plan (if applicable)
- Exploration Activity Option (if applicable)
- Extracurricular Activities
- Individual student concerns
- Possible courses for the next semester